COVID Guidelines Summer 2021
- Clean equipment before & after use.
- 50% of cardio equipment available.
- Adhere to 6 foot spacing for social distancing.
- Masks worn at all times.
Weight Room Equipment
2 Matrix Olympic Incline Bench Press
1 Matrix Olympic Decline Bench Press
1 Matrix Power Rack
1 Matrix Open Squat Rack
1 Hammer Strength Elite Power Rack
2 Hammer Strength Adjustable Benches
Intek Barbells 20 lbs – 110 lbs (pre-loaded)
Intek Dumbbells 5lbs – 100lbs
Intek Weight Plates 2.5 lbs, 5 lbs, 10 lbs, 25 lbs, & 45 lbs
FreeMotion Chest & Shoulder Machine
FreeMotion Bicep & Abs Machine
FreeMotion Lat & Row Machine
Hoist Chin-Dip Assist Machine
Hoist Lat Pulldown & Mid Row Machine
Hoist Pec Fly & Rear Delt Machine
Hoist Leg Press & Calf Raise Machine
Hoist Inner & Outer Thigh Machine
Hoist ROC-IT Ab Machine
LifeFitness SYNRGY 360 XM to XS w/ Cable Boom
LifeFitness Kettlebells 10 lbs – 45 lbs
LifeFitness Resistance Tubing (light – extra heavy)
Multi-Grip T-Bar Row Holder
1 ROGUE Olympic Rings
SPRI Covered Battle Rope – 35 lbs
SPRI QUBE Covered Plyo Boxes
SPRI Balance Pads
6 TRX Suspension Trainers
1 TRX DUO Trainer
Patrons MUST wear Athletic shorts or pants
Inappropriate: Jeans, clothing with zippers or rivets, short shorts
Patrons MUST wear Rubber soled shoes
Inappropriate: Sandals or sport sandals, flip flops, deck shoes, dress shoes, boots
Policies & Guidelines
- NO Book bags, duffel bags, jackets, and other loose clothing and shoes are not permitted within the Weight Room.
- NO food or drinks are permitted in the Weight Room except sport bottles.
- NO chewing gum.
- NO tobacco use in facility.
- NO Foul language or grunting.
- NO Spitting.
- NO Lifts that involve jumping or where feet leave the floor are prohibited in the Weight Room.
- Olympic lifts are allowed as long as both feet stay in contact with the floor at ALL times (the amount of weight being lifted may need to be reduced to keep feet planted on the floor).
- Body weight jumping exercise such as jumping jacks and burpees (i.e., squat thrusts) are allowed on the black rubber mat next to the cable crossover machine.
- NO Jumping rope on any carpeted surface. Jump rope in the gym, weight room, multipurpose room, or aerobics room.
- NO Dropping or banging of the weights.
- NO equipment from the weight room including bars, plates, dumbbells, stability balls, and coreballs may be removed from the Weight Room for use in another area.
- NO Weight room equipment may not be modified or used in a way in which it was not designed.
- NO Children under the age of 14 are permitted in the Weight Room or on any of the cardiovascular training equipment in the Student Recreation Center.
- NO loose chalk. Please keep in a sealed container.
- Please re-rack weight plates and dumbbells correctly.
- Please pick up your trash, etc.
- Personal strength training accessories that are not provided by the SRC must be approved by the Fitness-Wellness Director prior to usage in the Weight Room.
- This includes weighted vests, ab rollers, bar accessories, lifting shirt etc.
- Please limit your workout to thirty minutes on all pieces of cardiovascular equipment if others are waiting.
- For assistance or to report facility problems, please contact a Weight Room Instructor or go to the Member Services Desk.
- You are strongly encouraged to wipe down all seats, benches, arm rests and hand holds after each use. Use the spray bottles and rags located in the red buckets.
- The instructions from the Student Recreation Center staff must be followed at all times. Failure to follow usage guidelines or instructions from the staff may result in your immediate removal from the Student Recreation Center.
Become a Weight Room Instructor
Looking for a job in the weight room?
We typically hire once per semester for the upcoming semester. Learn more about student employment at the REC.