To Complete Online Registration Form click here.
The mission of the Personal Training Program is to assist Students, Faculty, and Staff at Truman State University with reaching their fitness potential and improving their quality of life through physical activity and healthy habits. Your Personal Trainer will be a Truman State University student with a national certification in addition to successfully completing our “in-house” training.
Sample goals from past clients are listed below:
- Weight Loss
- Train for a 5k or marathon
- Break an exercise plateau
- Enhance sport performance
- Start an exercise program!
- Learn more advanced or functional exercises
- Improve or restore mobility
- Increase flexibility
Having a personal trainer will assist in your focus, accountability, and overall knowledge of how to exercise and rehabilitate the body without injury.
If you are interested in becoming a personal trainer at the Student Recreation Center, please contact the Fitness-Wellness Director at 660-785-7739.
- We only accept CASH or CHECK (check payable to: Truman State University) and submitted at the Member Services Desk before personal training package begins.
- Truman ID card must be presented.
All personal training packages come with a FREE fitness assessment. Assessment is approximately 45 – 60 minutes in length and is intended to help establish baseline fitness levels. It’s also an opportunity for the trainer and client to get to know one another and to feel comfortable with the training plan being designed. The following areas may be assessed:
- Height & Weight
- Muscular Strength
- Cardiovascular Endurance
- Blood Pressure & Heart Rate
- Body Composition (3-site skinfold)
- General Movement Patterns (Squat & Lunge)
- Emeritus Faculty
- Members & Affiliated Members ONLY
If an individual is not a Campus Recreation Personal Trainer employed by the Student Recreation Center, written approval is required from the Fitness-Wellness Director to conduct personal training in the Student Recreation Center.
Please call 660.785.7738 with more questions.
A Personal Trainer must:
- Be a student at Truman State University
- Attend a “Recruitment Meeting” (look for a sign to be posted in the lobby at the Student Recreation Center; we do not accept online applications)
- Go through the interview process
- Be employed at the Student Recreation Center for at least 1 semester before working as a personal trainer
- Have a personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization that’s accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Organizations include:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), etc.
- Meet with the Fitness-Wellness Director to review eligibility requirements
- Be in good standing with the Student Recreation Center
- Be approved by the Fitness-Wellness Director to be a Personal Trainer at the Student Recreation Center.
If you have any questions, contact the Fitness-Wellness Director at 660-785-7739 or email Janes Dreamweaver at firstname.lastname@example.org.