Each class has a trained instructor that teaches and demonstrates the skills and movements needed to succeed in class. Instructors will provide modifications for all skill levels.
Spring 2020 Schedule
ABS: This class features intense core work with an emphasis on body control, proper form, & balance. It also incorporates a healthy blend of yoga stretches allowing for ample recovery between exercises. Participants can expect a great workout! All fitness levels welcome.
Ballet: For anyone with or without ballet experience. Participants will learn floor stretches, basic steps, jumps, and foot positions which will be combined to create simple combinations. All fitness levels welcome.
Barre: A NEW unique class to the schedule this semester. Participants can expect a challenging total body workout utilizing strength, balance, flexibility, and core. The barre will be used to assist with posture, leg patterns, and balance. This is NOT a dance class. All fitness levels welcome (25 person max).
Dance ON: This is a dance workout class where you will be dancing to songs of different genres from American pop to Latin, to Korean pop, and so on. In this class, you can dance your heart out, have fun, and work out at the same time. You don’t have to worry whether you are good at dancing or not, just walk confidently into the class, turn on the dance mode, and enjoy! All levels are welcome.
Dance Party: Dance Party: This class is a dance fitness workout just like Zumba. It’s an interactive class, you can scream, shout, and add your own flair to the dance moves. You will dance off calories while having a blast because it’s dance party!! All levels are welcome!
HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): A cross-training program combining multiple disciplines of fitness, such as strength, cardio, balance, coordination and flexibility. Exercises are designed for total body conditioning with an emphasis on high intensity.
Martial Arts: Martial Arts: Learn the basic moves of taekwondo in this fun and interactive course. It is an excellent cross training element to compliment other physical training and take your mind off homework. Improve your focus, balance, speed, reflexes, and much more! Class size limited to 20.
Pilates: This class focuses on overall strength and flexibility with little or no equipment. The daily sequence will begin with a warm up, followed by exercises that are designed to sculpt the core, lower body, and upper body, ending with gentle stretching. All levels welcome!
Yoga: Yoga uses postures and conscious breathing in combination with mental focus to develop awareness, strength, flexibility, and relaxation. Through proper alignment and mindful actions of the body, Yoga brings balance, strength, and a sense of well-being. All levels welcome!
Policies & Tips for Attending
1. Patrons (member and non-members) must present proper identification and carry in their clean, dry, workout shoes (other footwear must be worn to enter the Student Recreation Center).
2. Instructional programs are subject to change instructor, format, or time. They may also be cancelled at any time.
3. Class size is limited to 30 participants unless otherwise noted in the class descriptions.
4. Instructional programs start on time, so please arrive early. Instructional programs are most popular at the beginning of each semester, so it’s recommended to arrive even earlier to classes held during peak hours. Please line up next to the Conference Room on the second floor. Classes are first come, first served.
5. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in group exercise classes.
6. Yoga mats and yoga blocks are provided; however, participants may bring their own yoga mat.