Each class has a trained instructor that teaches and demonstrates the skills and movements needed to succeed in class. Instructors will provide modifications for all skill levels.
Summer 2021 Offerings
Fall 2021 Schedule
Instructional Class Descriptions
Ballet: For anyone with or without ballet experience. Participants will learn floor stretches, basic steps, jumps, and foot positions which will be combined to create simple combinations. All fitness levels welcome.
Cardio & Tone: A NEW class to the schedule this semester, come prepared to get a great cardio workout mixed in with some upper body & lower body strength training and then closing down class with some abs and stretching.
Dance Party: This class is a dance fitness workout just like Zumba. It’s an interactive class, you can scream, shout, and add your own flair to the dance moves. You will dance off calories while having a blast because it’s dance party!! All levels are welcome!
HIIT: This class consists of periods of high intensity exercise bouts followed by periods of rest. Participants will complete several different circuits targeting a combination of upper body, lower body, and abs. All fitness levels are welcome!
Jazz Dance: This class is an upbeat and fun introduction to jazz dance! Participants will get deep stretching, an introduction to basic jazz technique, and learn short dances in a variety of jazz styles. This is a class for everyone, with or without dance experience! All levels are welcome!
Pilates: This class focuses on overall strength and flexibility with little or no equipment. The daily sequence will begin with a warm up, followed by exercises that are designed to sculpt the core, lower body, and upper body, ending with gentle stretching. All levels welcome!
Showtime: With a theme of theatre, this low pressure aerobic dance class is for dancers of all levels with a focus of self-performance, self-love, and promoting good mental health. This class will feature music from many different genres and decades as well as a different styles of dance that are appropriate for each style and era to provide a well rounded spectacle of dance. You are performing for you and only you in this class which proves that all the world’s a stage.
Slacklining: Slacklining not only builds your physical balance by strengthening your legs and core, but it also helps balance your personal life by enhancing focus and concentration, relieving stress, improving posture, boosting injury prevention, and expediting injury recovery in an enjoyable, social environment. Come Slackline to experience the lasting benefits of more balance. All levels welcome. Class held on QUAD beginning March 16th weather permitting.
Yoga: Yoga uses postures and conscious breathing in combination with mental focus to develop awareness, strength, flexibility, and relaxation. Through proper alignment and mindful actions of the body, Yoga brings balance, strength, and a sense of well-being. All levels welcome!
Stay up to date with last minute changes using our google calendar.
Policies & Tips for Attending
1. Patrons (member and non-members) must present proper identification and carry in their clean, dry, workout shoes (other footwear must be worn to enter the Student Recreation Center).
2. Instructional programs are subject to change instructor, format, or time. They may also be cancelled at any time.
3. Class size is limited to 14 participants unless otherwise noted in the class descriptions. Zoom classes unlimited capacity.
4. Instructional programs start on time, so please arrive early. Instructional programs are most popular at the beginning of each semester, so it’s recommended to arrive even earlier to classes held during peak hours. Please line up next to the Conference Room on the second floor. Classes are first come, first served.
5. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in group exercise classes.
6. Yoga mats and yoga blocks are provided; however, participants may bring their own yoga mat.
Aerobics Room Schedule Fall 2021 Coming Soon!