Updated February 3, 2021
- Limited to currently enrolled students, faculty, staff & designated guests.
- Designated guests are eligible to access the facility during all hours of operation.
- No guest passes will be available until further notice.
- Patrons will be required to have their Truman ID to verify eligibility to access the REC Center, show an extra pair of shoes, and be wearing a mask upon entry.
- All Recreation Center staff and patrons will be required to wear masks at all times.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, people who are engaged in high intensity activities and experience difficulty breathing while wearing a mask are advised to consider conducting the activity in a location with greater ventilation and air exchange (for instance, outdoors versus indoors) and where it is possible to maintain physical distance from others.
- Patrons are able to exercise using 6-foot guidelines.
- Available activities during open rec hours include; exercise, badminton, table tennis, & pickleball.
- Club sports & other activities require pre-approval from Campus Recreation Director or Designee.
- Patrons are able to check out two paddle sport items at a time.
- Patrons will swipe their own ID card to check out equipment.
- Patrons may only hold/pick up their own pickleball or birdie.
- Patrons will be provided with their own pickleball or birdie for use.
- Patrons must use hand sanitizer before playing provided by court monitor.
- Seating has been limited to accommodate reduced occupancy levels, ensure ability to sanitize appropriately, and spaced for social distancing.
- Patrons will clean upholstered chairs after each use.
- Cubbies will be available for storage of personal items.
- Please observe the floor marking and comply with the 6-foot guidelines at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available through out the building.
- Phone chargers available.
- Water Bottle REFILL station available only. Drinking fountains CLOSED.
- Available for day use only.
- Private restroom/changing room available on the 2nd floor only.
Weight Room & Cardio:
- 50 % of cardio equipment available for use.
- Cleaning towels and cleaning solution spray bottles with soap/water/disinfectant solutions provided for patrons throughout the facility near exercise machines and mats.
- Patrons are advised to clean equipment before and after use.
- Cleaning towel exchanges will occur every two hours.
- Reduced number of free weight benches in high traffic areas of weight room.
- 2 person spotting technique is recommended and both spotter must be wearing masks (spotter on each side of the bar).
- Common use resistance bands will not be available.
- Additional signage posted encouraging patrons to clean equipment before & after use.
- Available on a limited basis requiring pre-approval of Campus Recreation Director or Designee.
- Available for individual exercise that adheres to social distancing guidelines.
Fitness Classes & Aerobics Room:
- 50% capacity for in-person fitness classes. (15 max). Sign up in advance may be required.
- No shared equipment will be in use.
- Masks are required at all times by all participants, including class instructors.
- All equipment will be sanitized after use by class participants.
- To account for limited class capacity, alternative delivery methods will be provided (i.e. prerecorded & live online classes, outdoor classes as weather permits)
- Intramural activities will continue with a revised format. Team sports will be limited to those classified as low-risk, do not require the use of shared equipment, and can be facilitated in a way that accounts for social distancing.
- Intramural activities will continue with a revised schedule.