Become a Personal Trainer
A Personal Trainer must:
- Be a student at Truman State University;
- Attend a “Recruitment Meeting” (look for a sign to be posted in the lobby at the Student Recreation Center; we do not accept online applications);
- Go through the interview process;
- Be employed at the Student Recreation Center for at least 1 semester before working as a personal trainer;
- Have a personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization that’s accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). Organizations include the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), or the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), etc. If you know of an organization and would like to see if it’s NCCA-accredited, click here.
- Meet with the Fitness-Wellness Director to review eligibility requirements;
- Be in good standing with the Student Recreation Center; and
- Be approved by the Fitness-Wellness Director to be a Personal Trainer at the Student Recreation Center.
If you have any questions, contact the Fitness-Wellness Director at 660-785-7739 or email Janes Dreamweaver at email@example.com.