Each class has a trained instructor that teaches and demonstrates the skills and movements needed to succeed in class.
Instructors will provide modifications for all skill levels.
Spring 2019 Schedule & Descriptions
AbsoGLUTE: This class encompasses weighted and body weight exercises to gain lean muscle while achieving cardiovascular endurance in a circuit style workout. Movements featured in the circuit will target the whole body with a special emphasis on glutes and abs. All levels welcome!
Dance Party: This class is a dance fitness workout just like Zumba. It’s an interactive class, you can scream, shout, and add your own flair to the dance moves. You will dance off calories while having a blast because it’s dance party!!
HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): A cross training program that combines multiple disciplines of fitness, such as strength, cardiovascular, balance, coordination and flexibility, in a high intensity format. Exercises are designed for total body conditioning with an emphasis on maximum effort to provide a complete workout.
Martial Arts: Learn the basic moves of the Youn Wha Ryu form of martial arts in this fun and interactive course. It is an excellent cross training element to compliment other physical training and take your mind off homework. Improve your focus, balance, speed, reflexes, and much more! Belt promotion is optional for an additional cost. Class size limited to 20.
Pilates: This class focuses on overall strength and flexibility with little or no equipment. The daily sequence will begin with a warm up, followed by exercises that are designed to sculpt the core, lower body, and upper body, ending with gentle stretching. With modifications to suit everyone’s fitness level, you’ll leave feeling energized and strong!
Power Yoga: Connect the Asanas (postures) with the breath while finding strength, and building endurance and flexibility. All skill levels welcome and encouraged to join.
Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga invites you to slow down and create space for stillness while nourishing joints, ligaments, tendons and fascia. Poses are held for 2-5 minutes allowing joints and fascia to release. All levels welcome!
Yoga: Yoga uses postures and conscious breathing in combination with mental focus to develop awareness, strength, flexibility, and relaxation. Through proper alignment and mindful actions of the body, Yoga brings balance, strength, and a sense of well-being.
Zumba: A crazy fun and high energy cardio class that incorporates Latin dance rhythms to improve your cardiovascular endurance. Learn unique moves and dance away your stress while feeling great!
1. Patrons (member and non-members) must present proper identification and carry in their clean, dry, workout shoes (other footwear must be worn to enter the Student Recreation Center).
2. Instructional programs are subject to change instructor, format, or time. They may also be cancelled at any time.
3. Class size is limited to 30 participants unless otherwise noted in the class descriptions.
4. Instructional programs start on time, so please arrive early. Instructional programs are most popular at the beginning of each semester, so it’s recommended to arrive even earlier to classes held during peak hours. Please line up next to the Conference Room on the second floor. Classes are first come, first served.
5. Participants must be 18 years or older to participate in group exercise classes.
6. Yoga mats and yoga blocks are provided; however, participants may bring their own yoga mat.